Starter API overview
If you are new to the platform or just curious about how to use Rabobank API's work, try out our Starter APIs. These APIs enable you to perform an API request on the Rabobank developer portal platform and provide an understanding of the various security methods used by Rabobank. These methods are relevant for most APIs on the Rabobank developer portal.
We have the following APIs for convenient user access with a simple IBAN check.
These APIs are currently available only in Sandbox.
Starter API with Client ID - In this API, we exhibit the Client ID security features used by Rabobank if a user accesses an external API.
Starter API With Mutual TLS - In this API, we present the Mutual TLS security features used by Rabobank if a user accesses an external API.
Quick start with Starter APIs
- Navigate to the Rabobank Developer portal and click Sign up for Sandbox.
- Enter your details in the generated form and click Create new account. You should receive an activation email to activate your account.
- Follow the instructions in the email and click Activate.
- Click Login and select Sandbox to login with your new account.
Create an Application
An application allows you to manage your API credentials.
- Login to the Rabobank developer portal and Click My Apps.
- Next, Click Register app + and Enter the required details.
- Application OAuth Redirect URL(s)
- Click Save.
After saving, the Key and Secret for your application are displayed. Make sure to copy and store the Secret to a secure location, this secret is only displayed one time.
Subscribe to Starter APIs
After your account set up is complete, subscribe the Starter API product to your application.
For a detailed description, read Get started.
Get in touch
Contact us to connect with the Starter APIs.