Rabobank developer portal helps you develop, innovate, and grow your business. Sign up to access our APIs and start creating amazing experiences.
This document covers the following:
It is easy to get started with the Rabobank Developer portal.
- Navigate to the Rabobank Developer portal and click Sign up for Sandbox.
- Enter your details in the generated form and click Create new account. You should receive an activation email to activate your account.
- Follow the instructions in the email and click Activate.
- Click Login and select Sandbox to login with your new account.
Multi factor authentication
Multi-Factor Authentication is an additional security feature designed to prevent unauthorized access.
- Enter your credentials and click Sign in. You should receive an email with a one-time passcode to verify your identity.
- Enter the code and click Continue.
You are all set to explore our APIs.
You can edit your personal and/or organization details by clicking your name.
Here you can View your personal details as entered at the time of account creation.
Select Edit to change/add more details and click Save to save your changes.
You can also choose to delete your account by clicking Delete account. Click Confirm to confirm the action.
Note: This action will permanently delete your account and remove all your data. This data cannot be recovered.
Here you can edit your organization details.
Tip: In case of multiple organizations, you can select the organization you want to view by using the User profile drop down.
Select Edit organization to edit your organizations name. Click Submit to confirm and Cancel to go back.
You can also choose to delete your organization by selecting Delete Organization → Confirm.
- You can only perform these actions if you an owner of the selected organization.
- You cannot perform Delete Organization action if your account is only linked to one organization. You should be a member of at least more than one organization.
- This action will permanently delete your organization and remove all its data. This data cannot be recovered.
Add a user
- To add a user, click Add a user.
- Enter their email address and select a Role.
- Click Invite new user to confirm.
An email is sent to the specified address. The user is added to your organization after they sign up.
Register an application
An application allows you to manage your API credentials.
- Click My Apps.
- Next, Click Register app +
- Enter the required details.
- Application OAuth Redirect URL(s)
- Click Save.
Info: Upon save, the Key and Secret for your application are displayed. Make sure that you copy and store the Secret to a secure location, this secret is only displayed one time.
The details regarding your application are displayed. You may upload an image to identify your application.
You can choose to add a certificate while creating your application:
Alternatively go to My apps → Select your application → Click Edit.
- Add a public certificate to your application.
- You can open the public certificate file using any word processor like Microsoft word, notepad or any text editor.
- Copy the content of the public certificate in the Certificate field and click Save.
If you do not have a certificate. You can create one using the below
openssl snippet using a command prompt or command line.
$ openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:4096 -keyout key.pem -out cert.pem -days 365
|openssl||Command to run OpenSSL|
|req||OpenSSL utility for generating a CSR|
|newkey rsa: 4096||
Asks OpenSSL to generate a new 2048-bit RSA private key.
If you prefer a 4096-bit key, you can change this number to
|keyout key.pem||Specifies the path to save the private key file.|
|out cert.pem||Specifies the path to save the public certificate file .|
Specifies the validity of the certificate.
The certificate is from the date of generation till 365 days.
The self signed certificate are only for use in Sandbox, it is not allowed to use these in Production.
Every application has one set of Client ID - Client secret to identify the generated API requests.
Note: Client ID and Client Secret are the same as Key and Secret respectively.
You can choose to have multiple credentials per application:
- Click +Add credentials.
- Enter a Name and Summary.
- Click Save.
- Follow the above instruction for the displayed Secret.
Upload a logo
After you have created your application, you can choose to upload your company logo using the application page.
- Click My Apps.
- Click on your application name.
- In the Details section, click Upload image.
- Choose an image you want to upload in a supported format.
- Click Save.
Subscribe to a plan
After you have registered an application, you can select the available APIs, and subscribe your application to a plan. This plan determines the number of calls you can make to the selected API using your application.
- Click API documentation to look at the overview of our available APIs.
- The displayed tiles with API product names show you the following options:
- Overview - General information about the API product.
- View APIs - The APIs available within the product.
- Subscribe app - Subscription plans available for the API.
- Select the plan and click Subscribe.
- Select your application from the displayed box and click Next.
- Review the details and click Done to subscribe.
Your subscriptions are available in My apps → Your application → Subscriptions.
- Click View details next to your subscription to go back to the product page and/or read its documentation.
- Click Unsubscribe to remove the subscription from your application.
You can now begin your Rabobank API journey with our Starter APIs. These APIs allow you to test how Rabobank APIs work and how to use the Client ID and Mutual TLS.
Go to Rabobank developer portal -> API documentation -> Starter APIs.
Only available in Sandbox.
Our APIs reflect the following tags to better identify them according to your business needs:
- PSD2 - Payment Services Directive 2, regulated APIs open to use if you have a PSD2 licence. These API gives control to the user to choose which information to share.
- Premium - Paid APIs for commercial use.
- Idea - API is still an idea, access only select access for testing.
- Prototype - First draft of the API, only select access for testing
- Early access - API not yet released to everyone, but select access granted.
- Deprecated - Deprecated APIs that will be removed from the portal soon. It is not advised to use these APIs for new publications any longer.
- SDK - Downloadable software development kit, which allows you to connect your application to the Rabobank cards.
- Version number - Latest available API version.